(1) VISION PLANS
We participate in most VSP and Eyemed plans.
Vision plans are used when the chief reason for the visit is routine.
Vision plans are not to be used for exam services when there is a serious eye health concern.
Vision plans can be used to pay towards part of the purchase of eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Examples of chief complaints associated with a vision plan visit are:
- I want to update my glasses and it is time for my yearly exam.
- I am almost out of contact lenses and it has been a year since my last visit.
- I want to change to a new type of contact lens.
- I don’t have any complaints but I am overdue for a checkup.
- I have noticed that my distance vision has gradually gotten worse over the past few years.
- I’ve had to start using my husband’s readers for fine print.
- My progressives are great for reading and distance vision but they give me a headache at the computer.
(2) HEALTH PLANS
We accept the following plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Cigna PPO
- We also accept traditional Medicare with or without a PPO Medicare Supplement.
- VSP Primary Eyecare
- VSP Diabetic Eyecare Plus.
The following is a non-inclusive list of the types of chief complaints that determine when we must use health insurance for your visit:
- My eyes are very painful or very dry or extremely itchy or constantly watering.
- I think I have an eye infection and have a discharge.
- I think my diabetes is affecting my vision.
- I am having flashes or floaters.
- There is a blurry spot in the middle of my vision.
- There is a lot of crusting on my eyelashes
Types of Payment Accepted
For charges that are not covered by your vision plan or health insurance, we accept cash, personal checks, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and Debit Cards with MC or Visa logos. We also accept Care Credit.
Flexible Spending Accounts
If you have a flexible spending account, those funds may be used for eye exams for you and your family, all types of glasses including sunglasses and computer glasses, contact lens fits and boxes of contact lenses.
- In addition to selling glasses and contact lenses, we do offer some extra services that we hope you will find helpful.
- Custom Clip-Ons. We can make sun clip-ons (polarized or non-polarized) for almost any frame.
- Titanium nosepads
- Metal frame re-coloring,
- Plastic frame mattifying (giving a shiny frame a more dull finish).
- Plastic frame polishing (for frames that have turned white or faded due to age/wear)
Our staff speaks English, and Spanish.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you'll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide is brought to you by Transitions.
View an instant demonstration of Transitions photochromic technology. See how lenses darken and fade back to clear to provide continual visual comfort and protection. Demonstrations brought to you by Transitions.